Home > Solutions > Stage led displays
Solution for stage LED display
Unique requirements of the stage LED display
The stage LED display was especially designed to decorate the stage scene dynamically in indoor places, such as in theaters, cinemas, TV studios, concert halls，entertainment centers etc. Usually the whole stage LED display system consists of four parts to form a full color stereo scene：The background display, the side display, the ceiling display and the ground display. According to its basic requirements, it has the following main technical features:
- Small pixel pitch. The pixel pitch of background display and side display must be small enough to provide high quality images for the spectators seated in the front rows.
- High refresh rate. The data refresh rate of background display and side display must be high enough to ensure no scan line be visible on the TV camera screen during the live television.
- Appropriate brightness. All of the displays should work at appropriate brightness to make the spectators comfortable, otherwise too bright would make the spectators could not see the expressions and actions of the actors clearly.
- Antistatic. The background display and side display must be high antistatic. Because there is much static electricity on the costume of the actors, so if without antistatic ability, it would damage the LED lamps with very high possibility.
- Anti-glare. The surfaces of background display and side display must be anti-glare. Especially when the lights shine on the displays together, the display should be no glare to disturb the spectators.
- Rotate and slide. The side display usually need to be moved freely, that means it could rotate around a given axis or slide along a given line.
- No noise. All of the displays should work without any fans, so there is no noise to affect the music and dialogue of the show.
- Long time running. The show may take about 6 hours without any break once a time, so the functions and the status of the displays must be stable during the 6 working hours.
- Long lifespan. To maximize the benefit of the buyer’s, the LED displays must have a long lifespan of 5 to 8 years in general, or even longer.
- Excellent uniformity and stability for pictures. Lots of pictures are showed in the displays during the show, so the pictures must be showed on the LED display evenly and stably.
- Well appearance for long. The LED display must long maintain in a good appearance and prevent from getting worse quickly by the effect of light decay and color fading.
Technical solution for the stage LED display
Base on the above unique requirements of the stage LED display, our technical solution is shown as following：
- Using small pixel pitch LED displays as background display and side display to provide high quality images for the spectators. Usually, the first raw of the seat is about 12 meters from the background display and 6 meters from the side display, so we designed the pixel pitch of the background display and side display is about 6 mm to 12 mm. It has a range of PH6、PH8、PH10、PH12 etc.
- Using special controller and driving ICs to guarantee the data refresh rate at least 1000 Hz high for the background display and side display, This high data refresh rate can ensure no scan line be visible on the TV camera screen during the live television.
- Choosing strong antistatic and high brightness LED lamps with wide viewing angle, the LED display was designed to work in dynamic scan and low loaded condition with antistatic ability of 2000 voltages. The benefits is that the brightness of the LED displays can be controlled modestly with wide viewing angle and energy-saving, and avoid the electrostatic damage during the time of running.
- Using special designed antiglare mask on the surface of the background display and side display, to eliminate the reflection of the stage lights, thus no glare from the LED display will disturb the spectators.
- The side display is hanged with suspenders, thus it can be rotated in 360 degrees with horizontal and vertical movement.
- The back covers of the display cabinets are opened, so that the heat of the LED display was dissipated by the air conditioner of the theatre, without the noise of fans.
- Using constant current LED driving ICs with current gain control, the light decay of LED lamps can be controlled to maintain a stable brightness, the brightness and power consumption can also be automatically adjusted according to ambient light. These technical measures will keep the LED display working stably and brightness adjustable to prolong the lifespan and energy-saving.
- Using our pixel by pixel brightness and color correction technique, the brightness and chrome of the LED display can be adjusted onsite through a period of time. This measure can keep the continuous uniformity of the brightness and chrome of the LED display and ensure the LED display working in good conditions for a rather long time.
- Using switch power supply with PFC (Power Factor Correction) to improve the efficiency of the power supply, this will produce less heat and ensure energy saving.
The following are the topological diagram of the LED display system and the block connection diagram of cabinets.