Water in its various forms can have a variety of adverse effects on the performance and reliability of today's electronics. It is reported that 20% of electronic devices are suffering from moisture-induced corrosion in the world. Moisture-induced abnormal-luminous LED pixel columns and dead pixels can degrade the overall quality, longevity, and user experience of LED displays.
How Does Moisture Damage Your LED Video Wall?
The critical LED display components, such as lamps and IC, are easily susceptible to moisture, resulting in short-circuiting and fault conditions. That’s how LED caterpillar failure appears during the wet season, in the relative high-humidity environment, or after a long period of inactivity.
LED caterpillar failure: a string of adjacent lamps goes abnormal, which somehow looks like "caterpillar" on the LED wall
LianTronics Moisture-Prevention Solution for LED Display
Problems can get solved with Nano-coating Craftsmanship, one of Liantronics cutting-edge and pioneering technologies. But how exactly does it work? In a vacuum plasma environment, advanced nanopolymer materials gather to form a dense and protective coating on the surface of the LED panel to protect the lamps and components on PCBA board.
LianTronics Nano Coating Protection Craftsmanship brings great hydrophobicity
The 20-nanometer-only coating causes no negative effects on the original viewing angle and contrast of LED video wall. Furthermore, the hydrophobic coating provides IPX5 protection for the display component's resistance against moisture, salt spray, and other contaminants.
LED display applied in scenarios like indoor swimming pool will suffer high humidity often
Liantronics Moisture-Removal Solution for LED display
Aside from the precaution of Nano-coating craftsmanship, LianTronics Intelligent Current Gain Dehumidification Technology can also help to get the moisture out during daily use of the LED screens. Three dehumidification modes are set to dehumidify the video wall based on measurements of a variety of complex environments and the unused duration of the LED wall. Simply run the current-gain dehumidification program automatically or manually to easily complete the dehumidification maintenance of your LED video wall.
Intelligent Current Gain Dehumidification Technology:
Tips to Protect Your Indoor LED Display Panel from Moisture
1. Maintain adequate ventilation in your room with relatively less humid air.
2. When the humidity is between 10% and 65% RH, keep your LED displays on for more than 2 hours per week.
3. When the relative humidity of the environment exceeds 65 percent RH, the LED screen should be physically dehumidified. Turning on the air conditioner or placing a desiccant in the room, for example, can help remove moisture from the air.
4. Avoid splattering the LED screen with water while using it. If it gets wet by accident, blow or wipe it dry immediately, then turn it on two hours later to ensure there is no problem.
Moisture-Proof Tips for Outdoor LED Signage
1. Euip outdoor LED display panels with temperature and humidity sensors to monitor the humidity around the LED screens in real time.
2. The waterproof treatment between the modules and the cabinets should be well done during the installation of the outdoor LED signage to ensure that no water enters the cabinets.
3. Check often after the LED digital signage has been installed and used to see if there is any water ingress, seepage, or condensation inside the cabinets.
We hope to share more quality-guaranteed & improved LianTronics LED display technologies with you in the future. For more information, please contact LianTronics team.
For more information, please feel free to contact us.